Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Doesn't it Figure?

Here is a scene that plays itself out more often than not in my house- I will lay it out for you.

I finally put Jaiden down for a nap.  After taking care of a few chores that need to get done I actually have 10-15 minutes to cook a decent meal of some sort for myself.  I make a wonderfully amazing plate of pleasing food. I sit down at the table to enjoy my meal and as the fork is being lifted to my mouth...Jaiden wakes up and starts crying. I then have to manage to find a way to entertain her and eat at the same time.

A few days ago this sad scenario was even more frustrating.  I made a vineagrette for a lovely salad but the lettuce was bad.  After I got over that let down I made chorizo refried beans with eggs and tortillas.  MMMMMMM...yummy in my tummy :) Or so I thought...I sat down to eat and yet again Jaiden wakes up and amazingly enough there are no available people to pick her up from her bed.  So I leave my plate for no more than 30 seconds and come back to one of the dogs eating my food!

At this point I gave up on lunch.  It was not in the cards for me.  All that there was left to do was laugh and plan a delicious big dinner.  In the end I did eat a nice big dinner and learned a mommy lession.  Make faster food and do not leave it any where that a dog can get it or a hungry family member  :)

Mommies, daddies, and anyone who experiences this- Good Luck ;)

1 comment:

  1. welcome to life of "living on your own" lol

    Btw, come by my page, because you've won an award!
    livelaughandlovinglife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete