Friday, July 1, 2011

A New Beginning

I am new to this world of blogging.  I noticed my sister making a post and I was immediately interested.  I only hope my stories evoke laughter and a sense of "I'm not the only one!" that people sometimes need.  Myself included.  I am the mother of a 4 month old little girl who is already a mighty force to be reckoned with.  Add that to moving in with my boyfriend, and his parents, and my life is full of firsts, laughs, and one big new beginning.  I went from school, work and friends to being an at home mother.  In the span of a year.  By the way I am only 21 years old soooo...it is a lot.  Needless to say I am loving this new and exciting adventure.  I am learning new things about myself, my boyfriend, my patience, and how to laugh, even when things seem out of control. 

Anyone who is a mother or father, or maybe just deals with a lot of patience testing people, can attest to being so frustrated that you just laugh.  In that moment you realize that what you were about to go completely postal on, in the scheme of things, really is not that important.  Such as a pair of pants lying on the floor, hours after a certain someone was supposed to pick them up.  Or even when your baby decides that she does not need her nap and will not take it no matter how tired, cranky, or how obvious it is that she needs one.  Laughing is the best medicine, sanity saver, and way to live. 

Anyone who has gone from working to being an at home parent can also attest to the restlessness that occurs.  There is no amount of laundry or dishes that can really keep ones mind as busy as it needs to be.  I am looking forward to using this opportunity to expand not only my general knowledge but give my brain some challenges to make it through what can be mind numbingly boring days. 

I am looking forward to sharing my thoughts and stories with you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment